Monday, March 29, 2021

131/180 BE THAT TEACHER

Walking into the parking lot,  E sees me. 

She's here to pick up the spring baskets with her Dad.

I tell her the baskets are in the office waiting for her.

Without warning,

She runs towards me

and rushes in for the hug.

I give her one.

Don't worry,

We were masked and I sanitized afterwards.

I want to be the kind of teacher that students feel safe enough 

to rush in for a hug,

and know they will not be rejected.

I want to be the kind of teacher that smiles each morning

because I truly am happy to see my students.

I want to be the kind of teacher that makes sure each student

hears their name called during check-in

even if I have to sing all their names by myself.

I want to be the kind of teacher that sets goals for spring break

and meets each one,

or at least tries.

1. The Garage

2. Visit Nature with the Boys

3. Take time each day for some self care

4. Limit carbs and sugar

5. Write an essay for Connections

6. The Garage

6. Complete the TOY Application even though it's a lot of work and I don't really like the competition aspect of the whole program.

7. Watch the Dodgers' Opening Day game.

8. Watch Clippers game.

9. Watch March Madness.

10. The Garage

No comments:

Post a Comment