Tuesday, March 9, 2021

119/180 Tuesday X 2

 Just when I thought my Mondays were long,

Here comes Tuesdays.

It's not a bad thing,

just an exhausting thing.

I love observing the OT teacher.
I continue to learn so much about how to build fine motor skills
and addressing sensory needs in simple ways.
Today, we shredded paper.
The weekly flyers in your mail work well.
I didn't have any in the classroom,
but I found some copies I won't be using.
Just tearing paper.
Simple.
Then students "hid" their favorite small animal
in a box or container.
Seek without sight.
Simple.
Effective.
The school seems so quiet these days.
I was the only teacher there today.
I like teaching from my classroom.
It gives me space to crawl, jump, and dance,
but I miss the sounds of kids and colleagues.
Soon. 
Maybe.
The special reader of the day was me.
We are doing a Pet Study.
We read books about Pets.
But,
I miss reading random books that I love.
Last week made me realize how much my
students have missed from being in school
for only a limit time each day 
and how our schedule can be so jammed packed
with things we need to do,
that sometimes,
we forget what to do.

I wore a shirt I bought recently.
It reminded me of someone special.
My friend Diana use to have a shirt like that.
She loved Piggy and Gerald too.
Knowing her,
she'd be back at school teaching too.
I miss her.
I know I am not the only one.
Rushed home for a few conferences.
Grabbed Indian take out and almost ended up in the hospital,
but I caught myself before I fell in front of the workers.
Embarrassed, 
but I got my saag paneer.
Intervention till 3:30
Phone interview till 4:30
Check on teen.
Still breathing and eating behind his bedroom door.
Conferences at 6:00pm 
and one at 7:00pm.
Maybe tomorrow will be easier,
but then I remember 
it's Burger's big day.
Goodbye teeth.
Hello soft food.

No comments:

Post a Comment