Wednesday, March 10, 2021

120/180 Two-Thirds

 Today marks the 120th day of school,

which means this school year is 2/3 over.

In 3 days it will be a year since we said 

goodbye to our students and sent them with

two weeks of "work" to do at home.

But it was a good day.

Burger got most of his teeth pulled

and he seems to be okay. #grateful

Tired and probably a little mad at me

but it's for his own good.

We did art today.
Real art,
not a project,
with a predictable
outcome, 
but elements of art.
Color, Lines, Shape
We focused on circles 
and let them loose. 
Those are my favorite moments.
Pure joy for me watching them create
without boundaries or rules.
After conferences at school, I rushed home
for intervention.
I took my document camera back to school.
So when I teach using the camera on my laptop.
It makes for some strange maneuvering.
But it worked. 
I love smaller groups.
I get to know the kids
and see what they really know.
In school, we would have some materials prepared
and leave the rest for the students to do,
but in Zoom,
the students get to do all the work.
It's a great way to assess many different
skills and concepts.
Wednesday is math,
but I observed so much more...
-following directions
-fine motor skills
-measurement
-number sense
-sequencing
-vocabulary
-shapes
-counting
-sorting
-comparing
-oral language
all in 30 minutes!
Tomorrow, we focus on reading comprehension.
So many books,
So little time.

No comments:

Post a Comment