Wednesday, March 3, 2021

115/180 Read Across America Day#3

Sometimes things don't go according to plan,
but it turns out anyway.
Had to change around some readers today,
but the stand-ins were great as well,
and familiar faces. 

My teaching assistants are amazing women. 
I miss not chatting with them in person.
Zoom classes are different.
They don't have the same feeling as being in a classroom
working collaboratively and chatting daily about life's ups and downs.
I miss that.
Next week we are set to return to teach from our classroom.
It's been awhile.
But I think we are ready.
It was Pajama Day.
It was a long day of three intervention sessions,
signing school docs, 2-hour therapy interviews
and boyman doing late evening laundry.
It was also a challenging mom-of-a-teen day.
I'm just tired.
Hoping today's rain
brings beautiful skies
and a little peace as well.

*I've been writing in a gratitude journal each night. Just one sentence of something happy or that I was thankful for that day, to end on a positive. My positive today: being able to work with my students in small groups and actually seeing and hearing what they know and don't know. It makes a difference.


No comments:

Post a Comment