Thursday, March 18, 2021

126/180 Rainbows and Cookie Sheets

Yesterday was materials pick up,

and delivery day.

Every tote was picked up or delivered,

except 1.

*Parent never contacted me.

I have made it a personal mission this year

to ensure that each student has the same supplies.

I never want to exclude anyone from an activity 

or project because of they didn't have materials available.


Today, my bucket filling moment was watching my students string fruit loops into a pipe cleaner using their thumb and pointer (an exercise we practice in OT), and the smiles on their faces when their rainbow were done. Extra special highlight: seeing P smile proudly. *Reason why I drove all over East LA yesterday after class.

 
The Dollar Tree can be a dangerous place
for teachers.
Today, I went to buy 22 cookie sheets.

Others may see cookie sheets,
but I see a place for using slime and playdough
to make letters, numbers, words, and shapes.
I see a place for making and breaking words with magnetic letters,
sorting objects, and resorting again.
I see a place for art,
so you don't get the kitchen table dirty.
I see a place for counting tiles, blocks, and ordering objects.
I see possibilities...

No comments:

Post a Comment