Sunday, September 18, 2016

GROWING PAINS

Team teaching is always a little bit tricky.
When you are the only adult in the classroom pretty much everything you do is up to you.
When you are working with other adults,
it's not all about you anymore.

This year I am teaching an ETK collaboration class.
1/3 of the students are special needs.
I team with a special education teacher.
And we each get a full time teaching assistant.

Our TA's have been in the preschool program for the past 5 years.
They have worked with the same two teachers for 5 years.
The first month or so has been a getting to know each other period.
But slowly we are learning more and more about each other.
After 29 years, you're are use to doing things your way.
You can't when you teach. Compromise is the important. 
I have discovered that each of us have our strengths and challenges.
Four adults with four very different personalities.
But happily, things are coming along.

My team partner and I are a good balance.
We are learning as we go and he is so flexible when I want to try new things!

My TA's are smart, creative, competent, and hardworking.
And they take initiative and can create great bulletin boards. (See below)
I guess I don't have to do everything now.
There are four of us.

 Learning what letters look like...
 Practicing cutting and assessing if students have 1 to 1 correspondence...
*Not the two charts were not mine contributions. LOL!
Our Latino Heritage Contribution... We will be adding on to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment