Tuesday, September 13, 2016

19/180 PAINT DAY

We do some form of art everyday, but on Tuesdays, it's PAINT DAY!
Every Tuesday, I make students paint... well not really.
But on Tuesdays, I run the paint station in our AM group rotations.
Students can paint, and I invited them to, but if they don't want to, it's not mandatory.

Today Derek and Juan chose not to paint. 
Everyone else did.

I love the conversations we have and the wonderful observations I can make just by watching my little artists at work! Makes me smile. All kids and adults need a way to express themselves.

 
 The Self Portrait
 The One Minute Road Runner (I want to paint, but I really want to ride bikes more, 
I'll just stop by for a minute and be on my way...)
 The Going to Take my Time Master... (Every week she uses every single space
on the paper. Today she experimented with vertical strokes and and we talked about how it 
would make a wonderful end page like the ones in the Eric Carle books. 
 The Two-Handed "I'm going to need more paint" artist
A Beast of a Masterpiece!

I remembered to wear an apron today too! Next week O-R-A-N-G-E!

No comments:

Post a Comment