Monday, September 19, 2016

23/180 MANIC MONDAY...

Goal for this week...
Complete a kid friendly/parent friendly, useful data wall.
We threw some ideas out there and I will post once it's completed.

After realizing, that we really only "have" the attention of the kids until lunch,
They are 3-4... (Picture that in your head and you'll get it!)
I decided it was best to keep things simple and predictable.
Young children like the predictability,
and I have to keep reminding myself less is more.
So I think I have finally figured out a system to our small group instruction/centers.
Keep them steady and predictable.
Tuesday is always paint day.
Fridays we will always do some cooking activity.
Thursday is literacy game day.
Thursday is math journals.
Friday is writing journals.
And so on...
And everyday, if possible, I will read them a great story and model writing through  Daily News.
I love writing to and with students!

And of course they also get to learn through self selected play 3-4 hours a day.



Dramatic play and construction center where cleaning up means to be able to sort and classify!

Thank you Donorschoose for the charging station... and tablets too!

No comments:

Post a Comment