Wednesday, September 21, 2016

25/180 MAKING SENSE

Day 25
Week 5
Things are making sense now.
It always takes me a little time to find my way each year.
Even if I stay in the same grade level,
I still need time to get to know who the kids in my class are...
where they come from,
what their needs are,
what their strengths are,
how to reach them,
and how they interact with each other as a whole.

I can honestly say, I love them all!
How can you not... they are 3-4!
Such unique characters,
that make me laugh and shake my head at the same time.

Today was a great day!
-I got to read, not one, but 2 stories today... and almost uninterrupted, (almost!)
-They got excited when I wrote during morning circle!
-Our playhouse arrived in 2 huge, and entertaining boxes!
-Most of the students recognized the first letter in their name without prompting!
-Got instant approval for a field trip to the pumpkin farm next month!
-Found a sound picture to go with my letter Mm (thanks to Julian's suggestion)
-Nicolas came in for lunch!
-Students know what O looks like and some even what it sounds like!
-Sand Table and Water Table...
-And I got to observe children play, learn, talk, negotiate, share, problem solve, cry, comfort, create, build, read, write, dance, sing, count, and laugh!

I have 155 more days! Lets see where we can go!

Boxes are the best toys! Imagine the possibilities!

Such a wonderful experience for city kids!

No french fries were hurt. The counter guy gave me a new box!

A little visual cue for the letter Oo!












No comments:

Post a Comment