Saturday, September 26, 2020

27/180 Heroes Assemble

It was Yellow Day!

We wore yellow.

We bounced, jumped, threw, and caught.


We surprised and celebrated a dear friend,
who has spent 22 years as the gatekeeper
at the front desk
of the office.
She was one of my first friends at Belvedere.
Patient and kind
and my go to gal.
What will we do without her?
Enjoy your retirement Martha!
You can't stay away for too long...
we know where you live!
I got to see and chat with my former student T 
and his brother Little T today.
They lost their home and belongings in a fire
a little over a week ago.
I met up with their mom to give her donations
I had gathered from family and friends.
I can't imagine.
She was strong and on her way with her 4 children
to their next lodging location.
She had called an XL Uber to take her from her motel
to the school.
T and Little T were as charming as they always are.
Happy, beautiful boys with long curly hair pulled back in a ponytail.
T was excited about the legos.
Little T told me about a toy Spiderman he had in his home.
He doesn't have it anymore
but he was excited that someone dropped off a Spider costume.
Next time I see him, 
I will have a Spiderman.
Just in case...

Bryce went with me to the RBG exhibit at the Skirball several years back.
Daniel went with me to see the film: "On the Basis of Sex."
Today he went with me to pay respects to an American Hero.
No matter what your politics are
She stood for justice for all.
Rest in Power dear RBG.
We thank you for your service to others.


No comments:

Post a Comment