Tuesday, September 8, 2020

14/180 Mama Said There Be Days Like This...

 It's Tuesday.

Ms. T, the occupational therapist comes on Tuesdays.

I have really enjoyed learning new strategies from her.

Simple things to get those young hands ready to write and use their fine motor skills.


We had a four day weekend.
It was nice
and stressful too.
Happens when you are raising two men on your own.
Each with so many needs and wants.
Steady as she goes.
I can only do so much.
But I am surrounded by kindness all around.
Thursday, Dulce (who use to be 6),
gifted my students with playdough and more!
Friday, my college buddy funded a new document camera for our small groups!
How blessed is my class?!


Afterschool were greeted by a face we had only seen online.
J appeared in the flesh to pick up his playground ball 
and fine motor skills baggie!
We were overjoyed to finally meet him in person.
I hope he felt special
because they all are to us.


My favorite sentences of the afternoon were:
"Hola, yo soy maestra de _______. Yo estoy aquí ."
I don't mind dropping off supplies to families.
It gives me a chance to connect with them.
And I think Pablo likes me now.
He even said "Bye teacher!"


I usually include a treat for the students when passing out material bags.
But today I wanted to give the parents a treat.
The kids have been doing so well online
and that's because of the support of the families.
I wouldn't be able to do what I do without them
Especially now.
But I worry about them too.
It's not how they planned school for their child to look like.
And for the parents of my special needs students
it's even harder.
School was their respite time,
hours in the day where they could get some self care.
Now that was gone.
No respite.
No self care.
It's tough.
I know.
I am one of them too.
But we keep moving forward anyway.
I just wanted to say thank you.
I see them.
I had a tough night at home.
But like my favorite plant,
Tomorrow will be a new day
and maybe new growth too.









No comments:

Post a Comment