Thursday, September 24, 2020

25/180 Cows, Dinosaurs, and Home Deliveries


This morning we had our first class virtual field trip.

We visited a dairy farm.

We saw cows.

We learned from farmers.

Then we logged out of that zoom and into our class zoom.

Everyone made it safely back.

Today I learned that we can all go to Dino Fest together.

We watched it live for the most part.

But when there's a lot more talking than puppetry

it was enough.

Four year olds online for over 2 hours really need a break.

So do their teachers.

When you are teaching from school
and your students are at home
you want to bring school to them.
At least I do.
My team and I have been working hard 
to make learning from home as much like learning in school.
I look around our classroom and I see stuff all over the place.
Stuff students NEED to use to learn
and experience.
It's a lot of stuff.

  
 
The boards were ready.
I wanted to keep them simple and personal.
It will do for now.


I love material dispersement. 
I love it because I get to interact live with my students.
I know it sounds strange
but that's the kind of school year we are having.
I usually don't retake First Day of School pictures.
I love genuine first day faces.
But today I made an exception.
I use their first day pictures for role-call each day.
It is Day 25.
G's tearful first day picture didn't reflect 
who he is now.
So many changes and it's only been 5 weeks!



After class I made my usual home deliveries
to the families that can't pick up.
I know their homes well.
E's tia's front porch,
P's neighbors dog gang that is more bark than bite,
and N's friendly great abuela who answers the door.
I think I got this delivery thing down.
Maybe I can be an Amazon driver when I retire?

No comments:

Post a Comment