Saturday, September 19, 2020

22/180 Friday Tired

It's been a tough day... week... year...

Today I was able to teach from the classroom.

It was the first time I was able to see the aftermath of the fire up close.

The street in front of my school has been blocked off for the past 3 days.

It's a bit eery, and yet calm.


The construction was at it's finally phase.
It was to be a low income housing for homeless veterans.
Now, it's a total loss.
We also lost the Unique 99.
Landmark building
that housed the quick-stop store
where I could find items for my class during lunch.
Boarded up now.

We found out one of our former student's family lost their home.
They lived behind the structure on the next street.
The back house.
Not sure if it was destroyed,
but they don't have a home now.
No belongings.

My teaching partner discovered that another one of our former students
lived in the front house.
They didn't lose all their belongings to flames,
but they can't go inside their home.
They can't retrieve belongings.
They stay outside during the day
and sleep at a relatives home at night.

Your life can change in a moment.

Rest in Power.
"with liberty and JUSTICE for all."
Some people are just that special.
She was one of them.

It was another tough night with the teen.
Spilled root beer should not be so dramatic.
I'm trying.
Maybe tomorrow will be better.


Oh,
Did I mention the earthquake before bed?
4.5
Centered in the San Gabriel Valley.
Guess where I live?
Tomorrow will be better.

No comments:

Post a Comment