Friday, September 4, 2020

13/180 Lucky 13

Another cutie just joined our class.

Welcome J!


13 is one of my favorite numbers.
Day 13 was another good day.
I welcomed a new face and family to our growing classroom.
We had another day of fun learning and growing.
I got to dance, exercise, sing, teach, discover, and learn with my kiddos.



I love my team.
We reflected, planned, and packed materials for next week's lessons.
We ate coffee cake from Starbucks,
Drank coffee from 7-11,
Had tamales from the corner guy, (I know, I know)
And tried a new cheese board from a local East LA business.

We don't do this everyday, 
But it's a long weekend,
and we really like working together,
learning together,
teaching together,
and eating treats together,
so we did.

Then when you think the day couldn't get any better...
Amazon drops off boxes of stuff from my teacher wishlist
that a former student of mine,
from 3 decades (90's) ago,
surprised me with!
I know they look like pom poms and tongs,
but to 4 year olds,
they are tools for helping develop fine motor skills!

We have bottles of paint at school.
How to get that paint home?
How about plastic paint cups...
filled with red, yellow, and blue.
One set for each child.
Possibilities!
You get the science teacher in me right?


The OT asked for play dough.
I bought some at Costco yesterday.
My generous student, from 3 decades ago, #thanksDulce
showed up on my door step after school with this!
Yes, that some student!
Did I tell you I'm spoil and blessed?

Sometimes you just have to take some time
away from work
and teen,
grab your dog
and drive,
to the beach
and take
a sunset stroll with your favorite people.
No better way to end a busy day.
No better way to start a long weekend.
Selfcare. 




No comments:

Post a Comment