Sunday, August 21, 2016

I'LL SING A SONG AND YOU'LL SING A SONG...

And we'll sing a song together... (Ella Jenkins)

I have such fond memories of Ella Jenkins songs.
She was one of my favorite ECE (Early Childhood Education) singer/educator back in the day when I was the lead teacher in the 2-3 year old room at San Diego State. I know the songs are older, (I had the album), but they are just as wonderful now as they were then.

Music and song is a powerful learning tool for young children, and old children too! I remember a class full of English Learners at the beginning of the year. Through music, song, poetry, chant, and movement, those same children are able to access the curriculum, grasp key concepts, hear, use, and comprehend new vocabulary.

I remember Paola could recite and sing every word from the Little Mermaid and Beauty and the Beast before she was reclassified as fluent in English Proficiency!

Last week we learned a hello and goodbye song.
This week we get down to the tough stuff.... RULES!
Here's a favorite song of mine for rules.
(Warning: It's catchy! But not as catchy as the tattletale one!)


Our Rules Song

I sing in ETK, we sing in ETK, we sing all day (or at least I do) in ETK.
My voice is tired. But my heart is full!

No comments:

Post a Comment