Wednesday, August 31, 2016

12/180 THIS I KNOW...

A parent told my TA today at the dismissal gate (after picking up her child and seeing both his shoes were untied) that if we didn't have time to tie her son's shoelaces, call her and she will come and tie them. 

Okay, I'm usually a pretty calm teacher when it comes to parents' complaints, but... I for one, have tied her son's shoes (both of them, at the same time) twice today. I am sure it had been tied by the other teachers as well... and when he walks, they come untied. Maybe we should call her, after all we have 24 other young children to be responsible for and a group of "runners" that just like to keep us on our toes.

But this I know as simple truths in PreK:
  • Play is a child's work
  • A small carpet will not do when you need to make a class circle
  • Dramatic play needs extra time for clean up
  • You can get your steps in if you have the outdoor center in the heat and have to rotate 4x
  • Ukuleles are very special tools
  • ECE educators work very hard and sit very little
  • ECE educators tie a lot of shoelaces all day long
  • It's exhausting, but wonderful!
One word: velcro!






No comments:

Post a Comment