Friday, August 19, 2016

4/180 FIRST FRIDAY

We learn through play and stay all day... WE ARE ETK!

So ends the first week of school. I am exhausted, have no working washer, a crying kid at home, an angry teen that wants more and more, and my Dodgers couldn't hold first place for more than 2 days... but I had a great week!

Notes to Self: 
Must keep throat in working condition. Maybe tea, honey, and lemon? When you sing all day long, and I mean all day long... your voice gets a little strained. 

Keep everything short and sweet. Circle time ("formal teaching time") is about 4-5 minutes long right now, although I am amazed by how my 3-4 year olds can sit and listen to a No David book. 

Focusing on social-emotional needs is key when you are still trying to figure out how you fit in the world.  Helping kids learn that not having anymore tater tots left on your tray will not mean the end of the world, really it won't!

You can get things done and leave work in time to pick up your 10th grader from school. If only he'd remember what happened to his binder! How do you lose your binder... the one with notes form all your classes? 

I know it's going to be a good year. No criers after breakfast. Happy faces eager to learn, and all wanting to be heard and loved. Some classes take longer to "love," but this one, I've loved from the start.  

***Bring a special treat to my awesome custodians... ETK's are adorable... but their actions may not be so sweet. #bothclogged  #doyoureallyneedthatmuchtoiletpaper #SorryIcannothelpUwiththat #ParentNoteHome 

Our schedule so far... 

Writing Assessment! The kind I love!

No comments:

Post a Comment