Tuesday, August 16, 2016

1/180: WHO NEEDS REST TIME? "ME!"

First Day of School Observations...
  • It's interesting having 3 other adults in the room when you teach.
  • My three criers all stopped once their parents left the room.
  • Damien really wanted that berry juice that was meant for Julian. (Note to self, bring some berry juice for Damien tomorrow).
  • Rest and Nap Time is overrated in the 3-4 year old world.
  • 6 hours is a LOOOOOOOONG time for young bodies.
  • If you sing, they will listen (or at least for the first several verses)
  • James can share.
  • Victoria can write the letters in her name.
  • Nadia drew a picture of me.
  • Yaretzi can't write her name yet, but she has a killer pincer grip!
  • Having triplets will be interesting, but fun.
  • Kids in Room 27 don't like the cheese enchilada special, but loved the beans ate... and had seconds!
  • We need hand soap.
  • Hand towel will work better than all the paper towels on the floor.
  • Play is the work of children.
  • You see far more when you just sit and watch.
  • How can you not fall in love with the faces of 3 and 4 year olds? I did.

Tired... but know it's going to be a good year!


2 comments:

  1. What lucky little kids, starting their educational careers the RIGHT way with a GREAT teacher!! Best to you, Jane!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kevin!
    How are you doing? I can't believe you guys are all grown up! You know you helped me renew my National Boards when you were in my class! I highlighted your learning in science! Hope you are well! Hugs to the family!

    ReplyDelete