Wednesday, October 28, 2020

48/180 Things I Learned on Tuesday

So things are changing around school.

So sad to see caution tape on things that kids love and need.

Signs of the times
and a new dispenser too.


These signs appeared on my door today.
This. is. 2020.
We tried to move our class around a bit.
Our teaching stations were already 6 feet apart
but now we had to start thinking about how 
we would space our students in the classroom.
Goodbye cool tree carpet and comfy library.

Today was my first day of face to face tutoring with 1 student after school.
I had a vision of what it would be like.
My vision was wrong!


Things I Learned Tuesday
  • An hour is a long time to tutor a 4 year old.
  • You need two devices to administer ELPAC.
  • Online state assessment is not as easy as it sounds.
  • Always close the gate in case you have a runner.
  • Four year olds are FAST!
  • 6 feet protocols don't work when you don't care about them.
  • You can't possibly disinfect everything.
  • Tape on floor means nothing when you don't follow the tape.
  • My best laid plans, need a reality check.
  • Tomorrow we can start again!
And the Dodgers are World Series Champions!

No comments:

Post a Comment