Saturday, October 3, 2020

31/180 An Introduction to the Arts

My first vivid memory of being in a real art museum was in New York City. 

I was visiting my sister Lisa during my off-track teaching time and exploring the city on my own.

I wandered into the Metropolitan Museum of Art and feel in awe.

The last time I was there, I took Bryce and Daniel.

It was our last NYC trip with mom.

It was important for me to expose them to works of art and beauty.

It is equally important that I expose and introduce my students to works of art.

Every year I book a field trip to the Getty Center.

There's a Van Gogh there

and a garden

and sculptures

and a musical wall.

Today we took our third virtual field trip.

We went to the Getty Center.

It was new and different,

but it was just as wonderful.

Fruit Piece


Beautiful piece I had never noticed before.
Perfect piece for 4 year olds.
#Inspirations
#ArtMatters

No comments:

Post a Comment