Saturday, October 17, 2020

41/180 Fabulous Friday

Today we took out the tempera paints!

If you are a teacher, 

you know what that means.

It's messy

It's necessary

It's wonderful!

If we were in school we'd be painting all the time.

But this is 2020.

Thanks to DonorsChoose and wonderful donors

I sent home paint kits.

We have been using watercolors up until today,

so I decided it was time.

Our unit study is trees.

The color is green.

What better way to integrate science, art, and language!

I only sent home 4 colors.
We didn't have enough paint containers to send home more
and students don't really need more colors do they?
It's much more fun and meaningful if they discover what happens on their own.
Now they know they don't need green.
They can make it. 

Leaving my classroom today

I looked around and thought,

Dang! We have a lot going on in here

and there are no students yet!

But everything you see serves a purpose...

a goal we have

that until there are students in the classroom

we are going to do are best

to make sure they get what they need.

I have never been a teacher that takes naps,

but this year

Fridays seem to be nap day! #selfcarefriday


It gave me just enough energy to cheer on my boys in blue
and then take a night stroll with my other boys for a Friday night treat.



No comments:

Post a Comment