Saturday, October 24, 2020

46/180. Friday Again

Fridays are both welcomed and stressful.

It's nice to get a few days off from teaching,

but sometimes teaching is less stressful than being home full-time.

I have noticed signs of upcoming changes to come.
New postings I have not seen before...
We were told to start thinking about how we can make our classroom safe
 and protocol ready with 6 feet distancing guidelines.
First, I need to rethink where to relocate our socially distanced teaching stations.
Next, I need to find a space to tutor D starting next week.
One student to start.
More to follow I'm sure.
Mixed feelings about it all.
I miss my kiddos,
but what kind of nurturing environment will it be with such restrictions?


On to more positive news...
One of my fabulous TAs is getting married tomorrow.
She has been my right hand person for the past 4 years.
We wanted to be there, but won't make it this time.
So happy for her; no one deserves it more!

I also go a shipment of school supplies from Amazon, via Donorschoose, courtesy of my oldest and dearest friend who really spoiled me! So much potential in white glue! We only had glue sticks and there are just some things glue sticks can't do! #thanksSusan!

I ended my long Friday by doing drop offs to my usual trio. E will be so excited with her violet ukulele. P's mom was very appreciative when I told her his black ukulele was a gift. I know she works hard and although they don't have much she donated a box of juice packs because she wanted to contribute. I was more than happy to provide a little support to one of my favorite guys! The orange ukulele was dropped off to N. She's on my way home, so I don't mind the pitstop. Her grandma and great grandma were there to greet me. My other fabulous TA, (my left-hand person) gifted N with her new ukulele! Lucky to be surrounded by so many caring friends and coworkers. My students benefit from everyone's generosity.

Hope next week will be a positive and productive one for all!
GO Dodgers! #2more

No comments:

Post a Comment