Thursday, March 23, 2017

131/180 THINGS WE LIKE...

First, in circle, we shared things we like orally.
Next, I charted things that students liked.
Yesterday, I wrote students' sentences and had them match or order them before reading them.
Today, I asked them to illustrate and write about things they like.
#Emergentwriters #mypassion #onourway #ETK

Can you read this?  (I like Disneyland)
I tell students to skip and move on if they don't know the sound/letter.
I haven't formally taught spacing between words or punctuation.
I want them to be confident writers first!

She used the room to find the word like!

I like robots!

Can you use the illustrations to figure out the meaning?
Return sweep is challenging for young writers.
I like Mickey Mouse.

Love it!
He read his sentence from left to right too!

Different levels of writing development,
but all with so much information about the writer!
ENJOY... these moments make my heart sing!










No comments:

Post a Comment