Wednesday, March 8, 2017

120/180 80 degrees and rising!

60 days to go and feeling like spring/summer already!
It was over 80 degrees today.
A great day for OUTDOOR PLAY!


So I decided that my goal for this summer is to do this: (idea from pinterest)
I sorted by themes last summer before I knew what my themes would be or what ETK would be like, but now heading down the homestretch, I feel my footing is finally more solid on the ground. So of course like any teacher nerd, I want to look towards the future. And it would make my life easier trying to find things!


Our new unit is BALLS!
So we had to make some bouncy balls today!
Little scientists got to make and take.


The best learning is always MESSY!... and memorable! #experiencesmatter

I had a great time at circle playing ball games.
We learned a new poem about... Playing Ball.
Then we played 3 ball games with different kinds of balls.
1. Hot Ball (aka hot potato)
2. Indoor-Circle Soccer (super fun and easily transfers to outdoor-circle soccer!
3. Throw and Catch to a Friend

My focus for rotation today was measurement. Ordering objects by size.
Three balls.
Draw.
Order by size in drawing, manipulative, or identifying.
Brandon was able to identify the sizes, draw the balls, and label them (beginning sound).
He didn't draw them from small to large.
Yatzil drew them from large to small and described size of each.
James ordered them from small to large, described, and labeled.

Emely was more creative in  her approach!

No comments:

Post a Comment