Wednesday, May 26, 2021

167/180 Reuse

My friend Joy and her daughter donated a wonderfully preserved dollhouse to my class.
I hadn't taken it to school yet 
because technically, "playhouses" were challenging in a preschool classroom...
during a pandemic.
But we are in the Yellow tier now... 
So...

Playhouses foster dramatic play, imagination, problem solving, creativity, and so many social skills.
The dollhouse wasn't the highlight of the acquisition,
it was all the detailed pieces of the furniture.
So an added benefit is all the language being used when playing with the dollhouse.
It was hard to limited the number, 
but we took turns
and there was joy
and language,
and imagination,
and sorting
and D told me where you have to do #2! (FYI: there was a toilet)
and there will be many more opportunities to practice
all the social and problem solving skills my students need.
Thank you J and J,
you made a difference in the lives of my students today!
I bought this sorting, counting set about 30 years ago when I was working part-time in a toy store. 

During my first years of teaching, I had a second job.

Most of those jobs were at toy stores.

I spent most of my money there too!

Some items lasted the test of time,

some did not.

This set did.

Yesterday was Wear Green for Mental Health Awareness Day!
We wore green.
Mental Health is important.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment