Monday, May 3, 2021

151/180 Celebrations

After a tough weekend,

it was nice to have my bucket filled today. 

We celebrated the upcoming arrival of a new Belvedere Bear!

It's Teacher Appreciation Week!
It's also student and family appreciation year for me.
I wouldn't have made it this year without my families supporting
my students through this interesting time!
Sweet flowers from one of my sweet Roomies...

one of a few that start each day telling us they are happy

because they love school!


There is no way I can mention all the teachers that have helped me be the teacher I am today.
Here are just a few of the many that have influenced me along the way...
1. My WHPPC posse. 
Friends and fellow educators that forever inspire, support, and love me through thick and then.
2. My very first teachers, my parents.
3. My 6th grade teacher Ms. Hardison/Mrs. Avery, who at 25 understood preadolescent kids and made them feel special.
4. SDSU Children Center where I learned that teaching made me happy.
5. Evelyn, along with Sandra that kept me afloat when I was sinking my first year of teaching.
6. Rowena and Mere who believed and pushed me to do more, learn more, lead more.
7. Terry and Vanessa for advice, guidance, advocate, cheerleader, and mommy coach.
8. Gail, Sally, Ken, Harold, and the other teacher leader mentors that pushed me to share my 
teacher voice publicly.
9. And the amazing teachers that have gone above and beyond to support my own children.
Happy Teacher Week!
Icing on the cake...

finding that there is new life crawling around in your milkweed plants!

No comments:

Post a Comment