Thursday, May 6, 2021

153/180 The 5th of May

It's the 5th of May!

I got to wear my new, red dress that Ms. Ponce bought me.

It's a Medium.

I'm not a Medium,

but somehow it fits.

I think it was mislabeled.

I love it nevertheless!

She filled my bucket.

Thankful that everyone, 

except one (but I dropped it off afterschool),

picked up supplies for activities today.

5 years ago I started a tradition with Victoria.
Last year it was virtual
and I learned how to edit her picture into mine.
This year,
I didn't have to do that.
Cinco de mayo is always so festive.
We usually have an International Day Dance Program.
This year it's virtual.
We got South America.
I'm going to try to create a virtual class dance performance.
With the help of some wonderful parents
and students, it will happen,
and be just as festive and beautiful!

You don't truly know how amazing nurses are until you need them.
After going through treatment with Mom,
I understand.
They are incredible human beings
that pour their heart and soul into others.
And the past 14 months,
 they have done even more.
They have sacrificed.
They have held hands
when no one was there.
They reassure,
They listen,
They smile, 
even when they have to hear an 86 year old complain
about things they cannot control.
They are compassionate.
They are kind.
They are essential.
They are my heroes.
They are nurses.
Gracias!

 


No comments:

Post a Comment