Tuesday, January 12, 2021

81/180 Not So Terrific Tuesday...

And just like that it's 2021.

I wouldn't say my three week winter break was much of a break.

It started off with losing a dear friend,

the kindest person I know,

and a teacher with a heart of gold.

It ended today with an out of control teen,

with a lack of motivation,

and 8 emails sent to me between 9 - 11,

from his teachers,

and a call from the principal...

during

my teaching time.

And in between all of that,

trying to monitor my BoyMan,

and trying to keep him safe,

or at least not give his hard earn money away.

Welcome 2021.


Yesterday we had a PFD (Pupil Free Day)

It was nice to be able to focus on something I CAN control.

We are going to concentrate on making connections, building relationships, play, and exploration.

It's easy to do that when you are in the classroom.

When you have 2 hours of outdoor time 

where students can build those relationships,

learn coping skills,

make decisions,

and learn through play.

Not so easy online from your spare bedroom,

while they are in front of a monitor.

But we will try.

It's what kids need.

It's what they deserve to have.

I missed my kiddos.

It was nice to see that they got my postcards from Joshua Tree NP.

I'm a good teacher.

I just wish I were a better parent.

#goals 

No comments:

Post a Comment