Thursday, January 21, 2021

87/180 "Teaching is not what I do, it's who I am." -FLOTUS

Can I just say how refreshing it is to have one of us in the White House,
and she gets it.
Spent a little time this afternoon listening to three teachers
talk about what it's really like to be a teacher today.
Hopefully with Dr. Biden in the house
teaching and teachers
will be elevated in status,
supported and celebrated.
One of my goals this year 
is to learn how to create interactive and appropriate activities 
online.
A year ago, 
I couldn't even imagine teaching full-time online
but here we are.
I'm still teaching.
I'm still learning.
It's all good.
I have been writing down something each day that brings me joy.
Today, it was sitting in my Subaru,
in the parking lot,
of a Rosemead shopping center,
after buying 4 bundt cakes,
for my kiddos turning 5 this month.
It was a nice 20 minutes.
The other thing that brought me joy today 
was having Bernie sit in my classroom
during circle time. (wink, wink!)

No comments:

Post a Comment