Thursday, January 21, 2021

86/180 For there is always light...

What a very emotional and beautiful day.

New beginnings and renewed hope

for a brighter tomorrow.

It was Inauguration Day,

I wasn't sure how much,

if any, of it would be appropriate for my students.

So,

I made a slide deck.

 Inauguration Day 2021 Slide Deck

I wanted my students to be a part of history.
I ended up showing one segment.
The most beautiful poem 
read aloud
by a gifted and talented
writer of words.
It turns out that she is the daughter 
of an LAUSD teacher,
and had speech and learning challenges.
My students have speech and learning challenges.

She was a vision of hope for them,
and an inspiration to all.
To honor our new president and vice present
we made collages in the colors of the United States of America.
We wore pearls, 
fancy jewelry, 
tiaras, 
and 
shades.
History happened today.
My students saw what they could be today.
We celebrated diversity today.
A woman of color became the Vice President today.
It was a good day for America.


No comments:

Post a Comment