Tuesday, December 1, 2020

67/180 Teacher Mom

It's been a tough day.

There have been a lot of tough days in the past year.

Not tough as a teacher teaching virtually

in a pandemic,

tough as in being a single mom,

raising a teenage boy,

in a pandemic...

or anytime for that matter.

His favorite response for not completing his work,

"I wish you weren't a teacher!"

I had to tell him that even parents that are NOT teachers

expect their children to complete their school work.

It's more won't do, rather than can't do.

I know the difference.

I'm a teacher.

On the other spectrum...
When you are 4,
you like working extra with your teacher.
You stay after zoom class and choose to do extra work.
Then when it's time to say goodbye,
you invite yourself over to her house,
and although she would love to have you visit,
you have to wait until Covid is under control
and it's safe to do so.
And yes P__, Burger can bite if you touch him.

Tough days can end with some good news and generous surprises too!

My project to get staplers to each student got funded.
Now we can all make books!
My project using cars for phonemic awareness 
and food coloring for science also got funded.
Now we can stretch and blend sounds on a track
and make color discoveries too!
Two very generous and unexpected gift cards 
ended my evening on an up note. #thanksSusan #thansBarbara

Maybe tomorrow will be a better day with the teen.
I can still dream and hope,
even in 2020.



No comments:

Post a Comment