Wednesday, December 9, 2020

72/180 Capes with a Message

Being a part of the Skirball Teacher Advisory Council

has some wonderful perks.

Participating in the Family Sunday Workshops

is definitely one of them.

Family Workshops

Last month, I got to attend one inspired by the work of

Aram Han Sifuentes.

Aram and her lovely daughter were there to lead us.

How cool is that?! Pretty cool!

I didn't have a box of materials

so I scrambled around the house instead to create my slogan...

Of course, 

just like Kinetic Creatures,

I had to take it back to my students.

It was a perfect family activity for our clothing study

and I had FedCo Grant money just sitting there...

So...

24 boxes later...

I created a lesson for my students.
In case you're interested,
I posted the link to the slides I used below.

What my students "produced" was even more beautiful than I had imagined!


And of course,
we made capes too!


It's been a long day.

Getting ready to pack up and move tomorrow

back to home classroom.

Should be interesting 

with a teen next door.

But now I have a beautiful bathroom I can retreat to

when needed,

for some peace and quiet...

and a beautiful floor to look at!

#showerdoorcomingsoon



No comments:

Post a Comment