Monday, November 30, 2020

66/180 Monday, Monday...

 I don't know why they changed our PD days this year.

We use to meet on Tuesdays,

but this year Monday is the day.

We hold Monday Morning assemblies,

we start classes later,

we end classes later,

I don't usually get to eat lunch before our 1:20PM meeting.

Mondays are also therapy days,

School Site Council meeting days,

Title One meeting days,

and district parent advisory council days...

then I get to pick up Daniel from work at 8:00pm.

It's a long day.

But Mondays are also literacy small group days.
We usually work on letters, sounds, and now high frequency words day.
I decided that we would try to make a book each Monday.
If we were at school, 
we would make a simple predictable book every week.
So why not have them make them at home?
Today we created art kits (thank you donors!)
for students to create kinetic creatures next week.
So excited to conduct a STEAM activity.
Thank you Skirball!
Now I just have to remember how to guide students and families
into creating something wonderful!
Today I rushed home to sign into my Zoom PD meeting.
Today I got a glimpse of what is to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment