Wednesday, December 16, 2020

77/180 Snowmen and Santas

 I enjoy Tuesdays with Ms. T.

I have learned so much from her each week.

During "normal" face to face instruction

she would work with students with IEPs away from the class.

This year, 

she leads the whole class in weekly activities and

all the students benefit from developing and strengthening their fine motor skills.

I benefit from acquiring ideas on how to develop and strengthen those same skills.

Today we threw "snowball" socks into baskets on our tummies.
This helps strengthen your wrists.
Then we made no sew snowmen with socks, beans/rice, and rubber bands.
The snowmen could be used as a sensory toy.
Such cool ideas.
We're using them next year!

We ended the day with directed Santa drawings.
I love how proactive and confident N is about her Santa.
She gathers her own materials and makes do with what she has.
I love how she is independent!

I miss the traditional activities we do in class.
I miss the holiday performances.
I miss the smell of fudge.
But will continue to give this class as much as the past classes have received
despite being at home.
Class teeshirts, art kits, and favorite books going home tomorrow... 
just like they did the past years.

No comments:

Post a Comment