Friday, December 11, 2020

74/180 Things I Learned on Thursday...

First time teaching from home in a long time.

Learned a few things today...

I learned that good lighting matters.

I learned that Bryce's TV can serve as a second monitor.

I learned that a 3rd device would be optimal.

I learned that wifi in Alhambra is not as reliable as wifi in East LA.

I learned that you look better dancing and stretching with a laptop stand.

I learned that I need a laptop stand.

I learned that senior dogs don't like it if you are home and don't pay attention to them.

I learned that you have time to pick up food your 90 year old neighbor

doesn't want during zoom breaks.

I learned that even though you're teaching in the next room, 

you can still get a text saying your child is not in class.

Did I mention we are in the same house?



I learned that I have more than one friend over 85 that sends me lovely cards with gifts 
even though I am not their teacher.
I learned that although a virtual field trip to Skirball's Noah's Ark
is not as exciting as spending the day at Noah's Ark,
their focus remains relevant: 

Storms: 
There will always be storms. Some more strong and violent than others. 
We are weathering one right now. 

Arks: 
There will always be places where we can gather to learn, work, and grow together.

Rainbows: 
After storms, comes a rainbow. New beginnings. New hope. (New Year...)


Happy First Night of Chanukah!
(Hanukkah Charcuterie Board by Berger Family) 

No comments:

Post a Comment