Sunday, November 21, 2021

65: Sweet Friday Before Break

Exactly one year ago today

I had a tamale and 

cup of champurrado for breakfast.

Diana Rodriguez, the TK teacher,

invited all staff on site teaching virtually

to come to her classroom for some breakfast

before our Thanksgiving break...

and impending school closure

due to Covid.

It was nothing out of the ordinary 

because that was how Diana was,

always giving and kind.

Little did we know,
that a month later,
we would lose Diana to Covid.

So this morning.
We had tamales
and champurrado
for breakfast
in honor
of our friend
Diana Rodriguez.

I couldn't leave the Mexican Bakery 
without something sweet for my kiddos.
So to start their day,
the last day before our Thanksgiving Break,
they had fresh, sweet, mini conchas.
I found a mix for No-Bake Cookies at Target.
Why not?
Note to Self: 
No Bake Cookies are too sweet. 
Hard pass next time!

Today I am grateful we have a week off
to reflect, refresh, relax, and rediscover 
the people who matter most...
after my Saturday Meeting!





No comments:

Post a Comment