Thursday, November 18, 2021

64: Learning to Read

Thursday small group focus is emergent reading.

The focus today were: directionality and picture cues for my 

beginners, and moving to 1 to 1, sight words, and monitoring

for my emergent readers.

We worked on the sight words I, see, a, and we
and made little readers.
We is a new sight words, 
and when some of the readers got to the word,
they stopped (monitoring!).


In the afternoon,
students have centers they can choose from.
M went to the art and writing center.
Then he came up to me to show me what he had made...
I had some extra sight word sentence frames from small groups,
but M had something else in mind,
so I gave him blank strips.
And he created his own emergent reader...
Today, I am grateful that I get to witness moments
of discovery and learning.
Nothing makes me happier than to watch kids take over their own learning process!










No comments:

Post a Comment