Thursday, February 4, 2021

96/180 Paint Day in ETK

 For nearly a decade,  I have had my students paint on canvases.

I wanted them to have that experience of creating on something different.

I don't remember ever painting on a canvas until I went to a Paint Party,

There is just something special about it

and I want my students to have that same feeling

of creating something beautiful

on something special,

just like artists do.

It was a long process,
we painted a background,
we mixed colors,
we selected specific paintbrushes,
and we followed directions.

The results were worth the extra time put in,
even with a little help from mom.

Now if we were in class
none of the students' paintings would have been touched
with our hands,
it would have been all their work.
In virtual learning,
it sometimes becomes a collaborative process.
I don't mind it
because the students still learn elements of art
and although I stress that art is never "wrong,"
I'm sure some of the adults in the room still need it to look a specific way.
I'm just glad they are there to support
and students participate some way.
How bad can it be if your parents want to help?
Absolute highlight of my day,
A was able to find his supplies and paint!
He did a wonderful job on background
but then I think someone "helped" him draw the cherry blossoms.
You can't win them all.
I am just so glad he was here and got to participate today!
Slowly, but surely.
He's worth the wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment