Thursday, February 18, 2021

106/180 Just Dance

As we were dancing to that sunflower song from Spiderman, 

the Miles Morales one,

David yelled out to me that he had fun today.

That was huge.

David is a hard cookie to impress.

He participates in class most of the time,

but tends to wander off to grab a toy

or do his own thing.

Today he had fun.

What did we do today?

We danced,

We sang,

We made a book,

We looked for things that started with the letter Ll

We danced,

We counted,

We made paper balls,

We talked about a story,

We danced,

We formed letters with playdough, popsicle sticks,

and slime.

And we danced some more.


It's been tough at home.
It's been tough policing at home.
Teens can be tough,
so it's important to take care of yourself.
That's why I NEED to walk Burger 
every morning, 
every day,
just to get some fresh air
and spend time alone,
stressfree.
I get to admire the colors of the bougainvillea
in someone else's garden,
,
I remember that pitchers and catchers 
reported to camp yesterday.
Baseball is around the corner.
And I have to remember to breathe
and know that someday soon,
maybe,
I can escape and spend several hours
taking in a ballgame.
Until then,
I'll just keep dancing.


1 comment:

  1. Dance Ballerina Dance - Nat King Cole
    “As 'round and 'round you go
    So ballerina, dance
    Dance”

    ReplyDelete