Thursday, February 18, 2021

105/180 After School School

Daniel's room was to be a guest room when he moved into his apartment.

Then it was to become Bryce's work space for school.

It ended up being my classroom this year.

Even though it's small,

I still can't find things when I am teaching.

It's hard to fit a classroom into a small room in your house. 


The great thing about my "classroom" is that I am learning a lot myself in here.
Everyday the kids teach me something new about teaching.
And sometimes,
I get to be the student in here.
Last week I went to an amazing workshop on dance and storytelling.
Today I got to learn from the fabulous Dr. Jean.
I took notes everywhere!
Some of my favorite take aways today from Dr. Jean:

If you're not having fun, the kids won't have fun.

Have them watch you do it first, then have them do it.

Make your brain work. Kids need brain breaks every 15 minutes.

Kids learn by doing.

You don't need to buy anything, you can use whatever you have to teach.

Young children need to have experiences crossing the midline.

Just sing!


I do sing.

I will keep singing.

And I have a lot of fun everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment