Thursday, January 26, 2017

92/180 Ready, Set, Go! (Following the child...)

I decided that our Data wall wasn't really providing much data.
It was just a wasted corner and we hadn't really looked at it much.
So... REVISION!

Less is more.
So we decided on 4 main areas.
As a former kindergarten, if students entering kindergarten met the goals below, I'd be thrilled!

Took off the tree and made each child a bee. I divided them into group by how many goals they have met. Then using data we had just collected, I wrote the goal number that they accomplished. Bees have magnet tape attached. Those students that were curious and wanted to know, I explained with the numbers meant. I am hoping that parents will also find this easy to read.


Here's another data chart. It was used for how many letters can you read?
I have over 6 students that either know all the letters by name or are very close.
The standard for my class is to know half of alphabet.
So today, I grabbed a group of kids and informally assessed them to see if they were ready to join me in guided reading. They were ready. Not the whole class, but some that understand concept of print and knew 5-7 sight words may be. I'm excited to see what happens as we move forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment