Wednesday, January 11, 2017

82/180 We Got the Beat!

Can I just say I love Donorschoose?
I don't love that they have overhead and charge fees, but I understand it.
I love the idea of helping other teachers around the nation get supplies they need
and fulfilling wishes for special items that we may not "need."
I have been blessed by many amazing gifts from friends and strangers over the years.
Yesterday was another gift.

Yesterday we got our drums.
Not any cheap drums.
Remo made for kids drums.
D, J, N, and a few others had been using the tinker toys to hit for sound.
They loved it so much, that I couldn't say no.
After more than enough connecting sticks snapped in two...
I had to post a project.
It was funded a few weeks ago and now we have drummers with real drums!
May not need drums, but boy is it amazing to have what you need to teach!

WE got the beat!
Letting my top drummer do the honors!
Today each student got to lead a follow my beat session. It took awhile, but young children can't wait for tomorrow to take a turn on something as wonderful as this!





Taking the lesson outside for free exploration & practice!


2 comments:

  1. I love it! I can imagine their excitement and joy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love the drums Felicitas! Music is so important to children! Unfortunately, I couldn't upload the video of them playing, but it was and still is pure joy for some of them!

      Delete