Tuesday, January 24, 2017

90/180 HALF WAY MARK

Can't believe our school year is 1/2 over today!
I love these kiddos!
Today, we "celebrated" by rearranging some furniture.
Still trying to make the flow of the classroom more functional.

Highlights of the Day:

Yesterday, I introduced the cymbals.
Today, it was the Lion Head!
We are working on our steady beat-drum patterns...and taking turns without tears!

Writing Workshop continues.
Goal this week to increase WW to at least 3x this week.
The students are getting the routine down now.
1. Find a blank page.
2. Stamp the date.
3. Draw or write your story.
4. Share it!

I have seen them progress along nicely,  and with 1/2 the year left, I am confident that we could move towards a writing workshop period, where we are all writing at the same time. I am looking forward to doing a mini lesson, and ending with author's chair. Right now it's in small group, but I would love for my students to experience the whole class writing at the same time! Patience Jane!
Nadia: I helped her stretch out the word Dad. She told me that her dad was fixing the car. I asked her to try to write some of the sounds. After I praised her on DAD, I asked her if she wanted to write cards she could. I said the /k/ sound and she wrote C. Then I moved on to another child while she colored. When she finished she add the letter R on her own! Not sure if it was for the ending sound of CAR or because we are focusing on the letter Rr this week. Either way, very excited about her development. Trying to push her to be more confident and try to write on her own!

 Justin: November 2016

Justin: Today
He told me to take a picture of his work. My students know I am always documenting. He drew a picture of the Lion head. Then just wrote letters on his own including the Rr to tell his story. He went around the room looking at letters to write. Then he was done. He happily shared his story with me. I didn't need to take dictation today. His writing said it all!

Sometimes I need to just listen and learn... Thanks for reminding me Victoria!


Happy 90th Day of School!

No comments:

Post a Comment