Monday, January 9, 2017

80/180 We're Back!

It's been nice to have 3 weeks off,
Back to reality today...
Despite having only 3 hours and 50 minutes of sleep last night (I have a Fitbit that tracks!),
the rain, and over 1/4 of the kids out, it was a nice day.

We had our first whole class writing workshop session and it wasn't too bad! After the mini lesson, all the students went to a writing spot and were able to stay focused until they were done! Their language is coming along as well and most of them were able to speak in a complete English sentence! I think we will move towards a traditional Writing Workshop by the end of the year, but for now, we will continue with small groups, and transition gradually. They are not writing yet, but a few were ready during conferencing. Go Damien!
 Young children, all children, need to get out and move! Luckily the weather cooperated after lunch and we were able to work on our motor skills!
The best part of the day for me was able to work with my co-teacher to plan for the rest of the year. Not detailed lessons, but an overview of where we want to go from here, the themes and concepts we want to cover, and how to tie everything into field trips, curriculum expectations, and students' interests. I like knowing where I am going, even though I may not know how to get there right now.


No comments:

Post a Comment