Saturday, October 22, 2016

45/180 FIRST FIELD TRIP

This was our first field trip.
2 Teachers
2 Teaching Assistants
5 Parents on the bus
5 Parents at the site
24 3-4 year olds
It was hot. It was crowded. It was fun. It was exhausting!
And we're doing it again next week!
A Very Special Arts Festival is an annual event held for special needs students and families that celebrates the arts. I volunteered at this event 30 years ago as a new teacher. I did face painting and LOVED it! I also volunteered for Special Olympic LA for a few years too... I must have had a lot of time on my hands back then! LOL. Now, over 30 years later, I get to bring my class. So thrilled that my general ed students get to learn with, play with, and understand at such a young age that we are all special in our own way. 


Did I mention it was nearly 100 degrees? I needed a Venti after school!
Here's a link to our new class website with photos from the day...
ROOM 27

No comments:

Post a Comment