Tuesday, October 11, 2016

38/180 IT WAS A GOOD DAY

Reflections with my teaching partner today...
1. Routines are pretty set.
2. Our kids know how to clean up... well most of them.
3. Lots of growth social-emotionally overall.
4. Students are happy.
5. Running noses and band-aid requests are a given.
6. So are bumps, bruises, and unclaimed hair clips.
7. We should outlaw the dramatic corner/playhouse until we can find a good housekeeper... (JK, but it was a thought!)
8. We can hear J calling "Teacher, teacher..." in our sleep.
9. ETK is a pretty good gig!
10: We're taking tomorrow off...

The Dodgers also won to force a game 5.
Our PD was on the 3-Phase Lesson in Math...
and I love the 3-Phase Lesson in Math!
Bryce did his homework before he got home.
And did I mention I have tomorrow off?

Photo of the Day: (Taken from small group time)
Small Group Today as we continue our focus on BUILDINGS (this week houses)

I read and discussed the book Building a House.
We found pipes in the bathroom, identify electrical sources, identify parts of homes, etc.
Then did a quick directed drawing with students on the basic parts of a house.
(Some simple vocabulary for EL students)
I will turn their pictures of houses into a class book later.

Yaretzi decided to practice writing the letter H on her drawing.
Could it be that she had just come from a group where she made a house with the letter H?



1 comment:

  1. When I first looked at the picture, I thought the house was laughing -- HHAA HAAAHHAA HAHAHAH. Now I see they're all HHHH. Still, made me smile first thing in the morning. :)

    ReplyDelete