Saturday, October 15, 2016

40/180 WRITING WORKSHOP FOR ETK CONTINUES...

Been a long, but nice day.
Quick overview on my favorite center: Writing!
More on writing tomorrow with video.
I love capturing the students writing in action!
I've gotten accustom to teaching writing workshop in a longer period of time.
But realize that for 4 year olds, 12 minutes or less is just as powerful!

THEN (First Enteries) and NOW (Today)
Growth and progress appears in many different ways.
One size does not fit all!
 B's pictures are more developed and he loves his "B"!
I asked V if she could write dog herself and she did! 
I'll post the video tomorrow. 
She knows many of the letters, 
so I wanted to challenge her and see!
 J is working on fine motor skills.
He is opening up and speaking more now!
No response in first entry about his story.
Today he told me the sun and it's color, started naming them!

 J is starting to develop his language.
He loves dinosaur, so this picture tells his story!
I shared D's story today with class.
He code switches, but definitely had an interesting story!
I was able to ask a lot of questions!
 V is also exploring print and sounds on her own!
Y continues to explore the letter H!
 So proud of E. He was independently trying to write.
He wrote on the top right hand corner.
I wanted to give him more space on a line.
Then guided him into writing what sounds he knew.
"I saw a house."  (LOVE THIS STAGE!)

A is also exploring what she is learning in class.
Her name, letters of classmates too!
#LOVEDATAlikeTHIS!


No comments:

Post a Comment