Thursday, May 26, 2022

Ten.... (Day 170)

Ten days left.

How can you eat healthy when people bring you treats.

You can't just NOT eat them,

it's a gift!

I'll start summer. 


One more 5 year old arrived today.
19 down, 2 to go.
And there were cupcakes.
It's probably my 15th batch.
I don't want to make anymore cupcakes for awhile!

You know what I love about assessments?
Not the ones mandated by the state,
or the ones where there are test questions on paper.
I love "Show Me, Tell Me" assessments.
Today L showed me he knew what number quantities were
by giving me the number of cubes I asked for.
He doesn't communicate verbally when requested,
but he was able to complete an action.

And today I learned that G could count to 20.
She has 1 to 1 correspondence,
and cardinality.
I was so proud of her
and know how hard she worked.
She only was able to count to 2 for the longest time,
but now,
I think she will be okay.
Tomorrow we go on our last field trip of the year.
It's been challenging,
but we will get in 6 this year.
Just received our class photo from the Skirball.
I can't tell you how many class photos I have just like this one
on the steps of the Skirball Cultural Center.
I've taken students here for over 15 years
and each time, 
just as magical.
Experiences Matter.




No comments:

Post a Comment