Wednesday, May 25, 2022

Day 169: Finding Joy in the Midst of Sorrow

Some questions are never going to be answered.

We began the day in such sorrow and tremendous loss,

again.

It was fitting that our day began with a school-wide, 

1K Walk 

to highlight

Mental Health Awareness Day.

May we remember to take care of ourselves,

the ones we love,

and the people around us.


It's been a tough year,
and a tough 24 hours,
but there is also joy around us too.
We just need to find it,
even in simple things...

Who would think a sorting tub of "STUFF" could bring excitement?
Apparently, old, used keys brings joy to those who discover them at the bottom.
You know what else brings joy?
Giving flowers
to those that don't expect anything
for showing kindness.
But I see them.
I appreciate them.

Joy is having someone you taught,
nearly 17 years ago,
complete their college degree.


Joy is something I know many families,
in a small town in Texas,
are not experiencing today.

I wish them strength.
I wish them peace.
I wish them love.
I wish them hope that their loss is not in vain.
We mourn too.

No comments:

Post a Comment