Tuesday, May 24, 2022

Day 168: How Long...

How long?

How long must we sing this song?

Teaching brings me such joy.

I bet it brought Eva joy too.


There has been school shootings for awhile now,

but the one I remember with vivid details 

was SandyHook.

My friend Claudia and I were taking our class on a walking trip to the park.

It was almost our winter break.

Claudia read about the shooting on her cell phone.

The details from that shooting were heartbreaking

and too close to home.

It has happened again,

and again,

and again.

I just don't know what to say.

My heart hurts for the families of the students.

Innocent lives taken

and for their teacher.

Please make it stop.

Just heartbreaking,

again.

This was going to be my post today.

It's the sounds of my kiddos eating breakfast.

I had to tape it because it brought me joy 

listening to them talk to each other.

Happy sounds on such a sad day in education.

#peace




No comments:

Post a Comment